Monday, October 31, 2005

Some corrections and some hints from Greg

Got a cryptic little email from Greg last night.

First he rightly clarified that Miss Liberty's official Opening Night was Saturday the 29th, and Friday the 28th (Statue of LIberty Day) was actually the final preview.

"Unfortunately, we didn't open on "Liberty Day." Art's right, the Statue of Liberty was unveiled on October 28th, 1886 -- but we opened on Saturday, October 29th, one day later than the 119th anniversary. We were indeed performing on Friday the 28th (to our second wildly enthusiastic audience in a row, I might add, immodestly), but alas, it was just a regular preview. But the confluence of dates was entirely coincidental. I had of course read about the opening, but the date didn't even "stick" in regards to our production until Art's email."

Then he questioned my attribution of a Southern drawl to him:

"And by my "slight Southern drawl," I assume you mean Southern California drawl? The closest I have ever gotten to the official "South" is a one-hour stopover at the Atlanta Airport in 1981. (Well, I was born in Houston -- which is the Southwest, not South -- but having left there at the tender age of 10 months, I don't think I acquired much of an accent before departing for SoCal -- only enough to pronounce mirror as "mirr-uh.""

Color my face red, but I swear sometimes he sounds a little Southern! Am I smoking crack...does anyone else out there agree with me?? (Hey, Greg-are your parents Southern? Cause maybe you picked up a little something from 'em. My mom was raised in NY, and even though I'm a born and raised Northern California people often think I'm from New York.)

But moving on from all of this correction and clarification, let's get right to the hints:

"There is a real possibility of more exciting guest star news (besides Klea in Do I Hear a Waltz?) for next season, as well as a probable return to George and Ira Gershwin (missing from our stage since 2000's Funny Face). And one possible show might be a real drag.

Have I said too much? There's nothing more I can think of to say to you... (no, that's not a hint).
"

OK, well if that's not a hint, then that leaves out Evita, hardly a rarely-produced production.

Hmmm. Drag. Well, La Cage doesn't qualify as rarely-performed either, but I imagine Sugar might. (Musical version of Some Like It Hot.)

Any other guesses?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?