Wednesday, May 17, 2006

In praise of Dave

I forgot to mention when talking about Monday's gala, that seeing it through my friend's Moon-virgin eyes also reminded me of another wonderful 42nd St. Moon asset: musical director Dave Dobrusky.

It was nice that they turned over the stage to Dave alone to play the overture from My Fair Lady, but he shone throughout the evening...whether solo or accompanying.

In fact, at the end of the show my friend wanted to shake his hand! (But, true to my impatient, I-live-in-San-Jose-and-that's-a-long-drive-home form, I wanted to scurry out of there pretty quickly.)

I play the piano, in mediocre fashion, so I am 100% appreciative of how difficult it is to makeeven a grand piano sound liek an orchestra...and appreciative of how easy Dave makes it seem.

And obviously I'm not the only one who notices :)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?