Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The 2006 Gala: and a good time was had by all!

Last night's gala was the first one I've been too since I was IN one years and years ago. They've come a long way baby :)

I brought a friend who is way into old musicals, and his night was made just by being in the Alcazar Theatre and seeing the vintage original movie posters they have on their walls.

But there was so much more. I got to see people spend big chunks of change on auction items and then of course there was the concert.

Guest stars Klea Blackhurst and Ann Morrisson totally lived up to their billing. Wow. Both of them were phenomenal. Ann got to do a real variety of numbers and showed great physicality and energy along with her seamless vocals. Klea, of course, can just fill the room with her warm vocals (that I'd actually take over Merman's any day, if I'm being honest!)

And it was fun to see the regular Moon performers through my friend's eyes, since he wasn't familiar with anyone. I was, like, "yeah, you're right! Stephanie really is terrific!" And "Bill Fahrner does indeed have a wonderful rich voice."

I know Intrepid Annette was there camera in hand, so I'll post pictures when I have them.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?