Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Where are they now? Starring in the movie!

I think it's cool, I really do, that Chris Columbus has kept most of the original cast of Rent for the movie.

I mean, OK, they're about 10 years too old for the roles now, but Jack Nicholson has gotten to sleep with such young beauties as Michelle Pfeiffer, Helen Hunt and Amanda Peete when it just seemed way out of the realm of possibility, so that's Hollywood.

I have seen rent twice, once in NY once in SF, and I don't think I saw much of the original cast if any by the time I saw it on Broadway. So actually I'm pleased to get to see them strut their stuff.

I hope they cut some of the stuff that was annoying and keep all of the stuff that was deeply heartfelt, moving and emotionally thrilling.

Is that too much to ask?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?