Sunday, September 25, 2005

Moonie in the world: Katie Dedarian

You know the Equity actors who work at 42nd St. Moon usually have other jobs they do. If they're lucky they're pulling together a living via theatre and voiceovers and print ads and whatever other performing work they can get. But most of us have other non-performing jobs that help pay the rent.

And then some of us have regular full-time jobs and are crazy enough to take on theatre in the evenings. If you're thinking that results in very little free time you are correct. I actually tried to pull off the full time job/regular theatre work life for quite a few years. At some point I decided it was time to focus on my non-performing career because I had goals like buying a house (in the Bay Area no less.) So it's been quite a few years since I have trod the boards in an actual show (vs. a cabaret evening of song here and there.)

When someone is really really lucky, then their "day job" is also related to the arts. (I was working in technology...not very closely aligned to my creative side, but lucrative.) Such a lucky person is Moonie Katie Dedarian (most recently Luce in The Boys from Syracuse), who was recently appointed the Development Director for the San Francisco Girls' Chorus.

I think we should all make Katie look good in her new job, check out the SFGC site and support the Chorus.

Of course this assumes that you've already done your part to support 42nd St. Moon, right?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?