Saturday, September 17, 2005

Have you seen "De-Lovely"?

I just watched this movie bio-pic of Cole Porter's life on DVD last night. My review is over at my personal blog.

It was a mixed bag, and Greg may be proud of me that one of the things that bugged me the most was the totally inaccurate depictions of Porter shows on stage. The scene from Kiss Me Kate, in particular, bugged the hell out of me. I've actually done that show a couple of times, and I was sitting there wondering why they decided to make So In Love the Shakespearean-clad finale of the show!?

Anyway, what can't be beat is hearing all that lovely Porter music...even when Kevin Kline had to scale back his vocal prowess since Porter wasn't much of a singer in real life.

Have you seen it? What did you think?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?