Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Speaking of Russ...

He's singing as part of a master class on Cabaret singing at a new cabaret space in the City at the Hotel Majestic. It's right in the Union Square area, very convenient. And it's only $5 to see 12 Bay Area cabaret artists test out the new space.

Deets:
Cabfab! A Confabulation for Singers
Saturday August 6th
7:30PM
Cafe Majestic
1500 Sutter Street
415-441-1100
$5 cover
Full bar available

This reminds me of a story...one that I'm not sure Russ will appreciate being associated with this particular evening, but nonetheless, here goes: When I lived in NY I went to mucho cabaret since I was an aspiring cabaret artist myself. (Yes, I keep thinking I should return to it...perhaps if they open a beautiful cabaret space like the Majestic somewhere in the South Bay I will finally get off my butt and do so.) Anyway, I had a friend perform in an evening such as Cabfab! And she was one of the last ones, and it was also a full bar situation, and I drank many vodka tonics and ate many salty disgusting bar snacks...and then rode a very bumpy, swaying subway home for 40 minutes to Queens.

Um. Not a good result, let's just say that.

I was younger and stupider then, so let me just advise you all: 12 singers, full bar...pace yourselves!!!

But go. Russ will appreciate having some friendly Moonie faces in the crowd.

Are you going to be the one who says "no" to this friendly face?


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?