Tuesday, March 01, 2005

It's nice to be nominated

No matter how you feel about awards, especially artistic awards, it usually makes someone feel pretty good to be nominated.

Our own Ann Morrison, star of Can-Can was nominated for a Bay Area Theatre Critics Circle Award.

You can see the full list here.

The particular thing about these awards is that there's no guarantee how many of the critics have seen the shows nominated. Sure, you can assume some number has seen a show for it to get nominated in the first place, but to win...well I would assume only critics who have seen a show would vote for it, and who knows how many have seen each one?

I mean, I know you can't guarantee all the voters have seen Oscar- or Tony-nominated films/shows either. But there's a far larger number of those voters I think, so the differential is probably mathematically far more spread out.

But you know, I should just shut up right now. I actually have no idea and am talking completely out of my butt.

Congratulations to Ann for her BATCC nomination!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?