Monday, March 28, 2005

After the matinee: Ellen Greene at Martuni's

So, if you're coming up to the City next Sunday to see the matinee of Minnie's Boys, like I am, then why not take full advantage of the rich cultural opportunities being in the City provides? Ellen Greene, most well-known for being the original Audrey in Little Shop of Horrors, is singing that evening (April 3rd) at Martuni's.

I posted the full details here at my personal blog

I'm not sure I can make it because I might go watch my two worlds collide that evening instead. What does that mean, you ask?

Well, I have another theatre client, Heather Gold. She's a comedian/actress who is doing a one-woman show over at the Hotel Rex on Sutter & Powell. The twist about her show is that she bakes chocolate chip cookies while talking about her life and coming of age (and gets audience members in on the action.) She often has guest bakers from around the city too, usually foodies of some sort. I hooked her up with a foodie blogger! Amy, of Cooking With Amy.com fame.

So, I'm going to go to Minnie's Boys, stay for the audience "talkback" session, go grab some dinner, run over to meet Amy and see blogger meet actress...then my choice is either stay and watch Heather and Amy bake together or run over to see Ellen perform at Martuni's.

So many choices, so few easily accessible parking spots.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?