Thursday, January 13, 2005

Some casting scoop

So I participated in a discussion on the 2005-2006 season yesterday (more on that later) and learned three new casting tidbits that are pretty exciting.

The first is that 42nd St. Moon (and Bay Area theatre) favorite Darlene Popovic will be starring as Minnie in "Minnie's Boys." If you're a regular attendee of 42nd St. Moon shows, you know Darlene from numerous shows, such as "Leave It To Me" and "Out of this World." Darlene is also an acclaimed cabaret artist.

The second bit is about this year's gala, which will be a Cole Porter tribute. As if an evening of Cole Porter wasn't exciting enough, I learned that Lea DeLaria is confirmed to perform in the gala. If you saw Lea in "Once Upon a Mattress", and especially her performance of the song "Happily Ever After", I'm sure you are, like I am, itching to see her sing some more.

The third bit is way exciting too. Brent Barrett is confirmed to perform in the gala too! Brent is a Broadway leading man who has trod the boards in such shows as "Closer Than Ever", "Grand Hotel", "Chicago" and much more. He is yummy.

But more than that, to me, he will always, always be the man who killed Jenny on All My Children back in, what?, I don't even know what year.

I wonder if he thinks that's funny, or pathetic and annoying?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?