Sunday, January 09, 2005

Oh, BTW: New season announcement coming soon

I'm sworn to some amount of secrecy, but I can tell you that the 2005-2006 season will likely be announced by the end of the month.

Although the 42nd St. Moon mission is really about reviving "Classic" musicals, not necessarily only "Lost" musicals, rest assured there will be some musicals that qualify as lost: really, really lost.

And also as per usual, musicals can get lost even when they have a hit song or two in them. It's half the fun, IMHO, to hear certain songs in the context of a plot you never knew existed. "Spring is Here" and "Smoke Gets In Your Eyes" are two of my favorite examples. Songs I have loved, long before I knew they were in lost musicals.

Actually, I'm bummed because I'm pretty sure 42nd St. Moon has recently done the shows that featured "You Don't Know Paree" and "The Song is You", and I missed the chance to see those favorites in context.

Anyway, keep checking back. I'm sure I'll get another blog exclusive when we announce the new season!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?